Monday, June 11, 2007
kitchens
All that seems to be on my mind is my kitchen. We are ripping it all out and starting over again. We are not beginning the work until September, but I figure that between now and then I have about 200 decisions to make. This room will be our final big reno in the house, then it will be virtually complete. I cannot wait to do it, to put our own mark on it and create something that we both love. But hey, you can get sucked into the whole reno pretty quickly at some of the shops. We went to a great shop here, and some of the ranges were about $15000!!! Do I really need 6 burners, a double oven and a warming rack??? I ended up purchasing a fridge and range in the ex-display model sections and saved close to $1000.00. I figure I would rather pay less for an item that has a little scratch, rather than paying full price and having my sons (or me!!) scratch it in three months time....Some people would never be seen in that section, but to me it was heaven!!! Anyone have any words of wisdom for my new creation???? Please.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you like to cook, make sure you have lots of counter and storage space. And choose natural surfaces (granite, marble, tile, etc.) wherever possible for work spaces. They're hygienic, heat resistant and easy to clean!
Post a Comment