Monday, July 2, 2007

tagged...hurray...

Tagged by Clowngirl requesting list of places I eat at...
Well, considering that we have two small children, 6 and 3, we do not get out much. But here is a list that I love to go to when I get a chance...
1. Stella's - on Commercial Dr in Van. Amazing mussels and a vast selection of beers.
2. La Bodega - By the Grandville Street Bridge in Van. Great tapas and sangria. Authentic Spanish food as alot of the clientele are from Spain.
3. The Boot and Sombrero - Ladner. Local pub that does fantastic fajitas. We know the owners, so that always helps too with regard to lock-ins.
4. Any British pub - anywhere in the UK. We can try to duplicate them here in Canada, but it just does not cut the mustard. There is just something quintessential about ordering scampi and chips and a pint of lager and lime, and then eating it in the beer garden. I love it. And now that I have a family, I appreciate it even more as children are allowed. No stupid liquor liciencing laws like here.
5. The Point Hotel - Edinburgh. If you are ever there...try it!!! Best place in town!!!

2 comments:

Sally T. said...

Awesome! I tried to take the boys to Bushwakker here last week and found (yep, stupid liquor laws) that we couldn't just go in and eat.

How was the wedding? What did you wear?

vancouver said...

We had a great time. One of the best things being a parent is when people (even strangers) tell you how well behaved your kids are. I was so proud of my guys as the whole affair made for quite a long day. They had fun, and we enjoyed getting dressed up together for a change. I ended up getting something at the Bay. Everything was on sale there...except the the Esprit outfit I bought...figures.
One last thing...I ALWAYS get choked up at weddings. It has been so long since I had been to one, and I wondered if it would still happen...and yep..sure enough when I saw the bride and heard the vows I got all teary and had a lump in my throat. Good job I was wearing sunglasses...