Friday, April 13, 2007

the Canucks

Well, the Stanley Cup playoffs have officially hit Vancouver. The flags are on the cars, articles about the Canucks are now appearing in section A of the newspapers, and all conversations start off with "did you see that last game???". I must confess, that I am enjoying it. There is a buzz in the city. It is something that everyone can have in common. Whether you are a lawyer, pilot, barista, stay at home mom/dad...whatever, everyone can have a chat about the Canucks. My only disappointment is that cost of the tickets. I would love to take my kids to a game, but they are just way TOO EXPENSIVE. Even in the regular season, the price is just beyond most people's budget. I recommend that tickets for children should be offered at a reduced price, but Mr. Nonis would never do this as he has 17000 season tickets holders to fill the coffers every season.
So, needless to say, I am not going to the game tonight. But my family and I are picking up some sushi and wine and going to a friends house to watch it on the telly, which suits me fine!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!

3 comments:

Sally T. said...

Have fun, D!

I'm waiting for the day The Leafs make it back from the dumpster to watch hockey playoffs.

Marta said...

I love hockey playoffs as well. Since the Leafs just missed (again) this year, I'm cheering for every other Canadian team. And Buffalo.

Sally T. said...

Post D! I like reading your blog.

Oh, and I tagged you. Check my blog for deets.