Yes, I am ready for school to finish! The kids in my son's class definately are! It seems that everyday, there is a little crisis at school. Today, three little girls in his class came up behind me and started calling me names as I was telling them not to vandalize the bikes. Boy, did they pick the wrong parent to mess with this morning....What disrespect! I would never do that as a child. These girls get dropped off by the bus and have NO supervision until the bell rings. They are 6 years old and NO ONE is looking out for them. They were so much trouble this morning, I was informed that the school will be calling their parents. I have a sinking feeling that the parents are not going to be too bothered. They have been trouble for the whole year, and feel bad about that. There never seems to be anyone around to help them go in the right direction. No wonder my boy is scared of them....
There is my rant....we both need a break from the routine until September.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have noticed the decline in the manners of children lately and it's appalling, to say the least. R. was bullied once and very briefly. The kid that bullied him shrank into his seat when I got on the bus the next day.
Not too many kids' parents know kung fu (lol).
I agree that manners are going out the window. And there also seems to be no sense of responsibility. I keep seeing parents making excuses for their childrens' bad behaviour - it's always somebody else's fault - and that teaches the child that they are never in the wrong. Parenting has become all about the adult - my child didn't do anything wrong because if he did then that means that I'm a bad parent.
My kid does something bad - they are going to know about it. And they are going to do the right thing to make amends. It's not about me - it's about them and their behaviour.
Post a Comment