Monday, July 30, 2007

Oh Harry...

OK, I have just finished the last Harry Potter book and I loved it! It was so exciting and captivating. I starting reading the first of the series when I was pregnant with my first son, never realizing that my craving for the books would continued for 7 years. I must say that JK Rowling has done an amazing job. I love her for everything that she represents. A single mother trying to make ends meet, a woman in a male dominated profession, and a storyteller who needed to tell imaginative and valuable stories to children. She lived in Edinburgh at the same time that we did. She would sit in a cafe on the High Street and make a cup of coffee last for hours while she was writing her first Harry Potter book. When her daughter would arrive home from school, she would nag her Mother to read to her what she had written in the cafe that day. That is part of what kept her going. An amazing woman.
The whole story she told is wonderful for children (and adults) to read. It holds valuable yet practical lessons for us learn and hopefully remember when life becomes puzzling...
Anyway, enough said. I hope that anyone else who is reading the book has gotten as much pleasure out of it as I have...
I will try to write again soon...and more regularly.

1 comment:

Marta said...

What an ending, huh? I was so reluctant to get to the end of the book because then it would mean the end.