Tuesday, July 10, 2007

such a sap...

I recently went to a wedding with my family. Now, the people who were getting married were not really friends of ours, but more "work related" friends of my husband. They had a HUGE, extravagent wedding, so four more people coming was not really a problem for them. The entire affair cost around $70,000...if you can believe that!!!!
Anyway, whenever I go to a wedding since I got married, I always get choked up. Most of my friends have already walked down the aisle, so I have not been to one for about 8 years. Considering that I really had little emotional attachment to these people, I figured I would be safe in the tear department when the bride appeared. WRONG! As soon as I saw her, saw the groom, listened to the vows...I was a mess. It was an outdoor wedding, so I could hide behind my sunglasses fortunately.
I really am not sappy. My husband laughs that I am hard as nails. I only cry at "It's a Wonderful Life" every Christmas and weddings. Oh yeah, I am also moved by our national anthem. When we go to a hockey game at GM Place, and there are 18000 people singing the anthem, I get a lump in my throat. I think I feel that way now after spending so many years out of the country and missed Cananda.
What do you guys get emotional about?

2 comments:

Marta said...

I am a total sap. I cry at movies that involve children, a good love story, sappy music, etc. I get teary during certain commercials. I cried when I read "Shake Hands with the Devil" about the Rwanda massacre. Big emotions in this woman.

Sally T. said...

I cry about everything! Where do I start?