Friday, December 21, 2007

AHHHHHH...

OK, I just experienced my first christmas concert for my son. I could tell that I was viewed by all as the novice parent, as I arrived only 15 minutes before the performance. Everyone else arrived at least 30 minutes early. Needless to say, there were not seats left and very little standing room...I will know better next year. My son was the second class to perform, and boy, the emotion just swelled up in my heart. I cried. Yes, I had tears streaming down my face. I just felt so....I cannot even put it into words. I love every second of it. I even had a lump in my throat for ALL the other classes. They were just so amazing.
I am not mushy, overly emotional in most things in life....but these things just GET me everytime....
1. weddings
2. singing / hearing the national anthem
3. Rememberance day
4. any stepping stone that my children reach....christmas concert was definately one of them.

So, I am still glowing. What a way to get into the christmas spirit.
So Merry christmas to anyone who reads this!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sally T. said...

I know...I'm the same way! When I was pregnant with Rowan, I used to cry during Kodak commercials (his birthday is Dec. 24 so it was right before Christmas).

His birthday party is today. He's turing 13. Can you imagine me being the mother of a teenager? Or Tom the father of one? I feel like someone kidnapped my toddler and left me this tall, lanky, long-haired, deep-voiced alien replacement. But he's a nice kid so it's okay.

Holy hannah do they grow up fast!