I was just reading two of my friend's blogs, commenting on films they went to see over the weekend. Well, since my children are still young, I rarely get a chance to actually go to the cinema, but I did rent a fantastic DVD over the weekend. It was called Blood Diamond and was one of the best films I have seen in a long while. I am sure everyone has heard about it. It is a difficult film to watch and realize that these things did, indeed, happen such a short time ago. There is no happy ending, no sex, no star that is on the cover of People Magazine every week in the middle of scandel and fashion faux pas...It is just an important film that can remind us of the world around us and the little things we can do to make a difference...
Rent it....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wait, D...isn't that the one Leo DiCaprio stars in?
Doesn't People like him anymore?
well, yeah. But what I meant was that he isn't an Angelia Jolie,Linsey Lohan, Jennifer Lopez sort of personality.
Pretty hot, though...
Definitely a great movie. One that everybody should see (along with Hotel Rwanda, the Constant Gardener, etc.)
Post a Comment