Saturday, May 26, 2007

Everyone loves a parade...

Well, not everyone, and especially not me. I never really liked them as a child, and have paid little attention to them since...until now. My oldest son is in our local May Days parade tomorrow. He is so excited! He is on his lacrosse team float, and now I am a parade convert! I have helped to decorate it, we plotted our spot to watch my boy go by and throw some candy to his younger brother...I look at myself and I cannot believe I am at this place right now. My boys are growing up and it is such a pleasure to witness.
So I will be there tomorrow, rain or shine, BEAMING with my boy....any maybe he will throw me a lollipop!!!

1 comment:

Sally T. said...

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of parades either but if one of my kids was in one, I'd go. Ditto for fireworks...I could care less, really.