Monday, January 28, 2008

my weekend...

We got snow here...hurray!!! Being from Ontario and living out West, it is such a treat for me to see snow on the ground. The boys had a blast playing Starwars with their lightsabers at the beach yesterday. Such simple pleasures, and they loved it.
C went to birthday party on saturday at the local climbing wall. He had never done that before, and he did really well. All I have to do now is lower my body weight so that I can do it with him. It looked very difficult...for an adult. A 45lb 7 year old is a different story...
M and I had an Indian meal on Friday night. Wow, it was amazing. It just reminded me of living in the UK, as it is such a popular take away there. We had samosas, butter chicken, potato/cauliflower, and pilau rice. Only problem is I was too full by the end of it. I have a great Indian cookbook...M is away this week in Toronto, perhaps I will pull it out and try to make something for him when he returns. I think Indian cooking just takes lots of ingredients, lots of marinating time, but it is basically straightforward.
Wish me luck

1 comment:

Sally T. said...

good luck! we love indian (even simon, who is our 'pickiest') and have a curry dish at least once a week. i have a really good dal recipe for my crockpot :)